Wednesday, October 27, 2010

<沁> The osmosis processor / understanding

“Who am I in relation to you?” That’s the question Miranda July asks herself when writing stories.

To me, that’s the question I ask everyday when I go on-line and face the world.

I never shut down my computer. I never turn it off to sleep. I suffered from nights of insomnia. I suffered from breathing fast and sweating all the time. I suffocate in restlessness.

I stuffed all consumable information within sight in long duration of hours – for about a year. Questionably, a lifetime. I listen to many voices around the globe speaking in different languages that I have the ability to calculate in my mind – comprehension.

I had no filter. I was unbiased. I was a useless medium.

I am nothing.

After I came off-screen, I faced the mirror. I looked into the reflection on my compact.

Ugly.

So I came undone. I stormed out of the door, then reshape my vision. I change, every step I take, after all those things I’ve seen around the world. I recreate reality, every chance I got. After all, those voices are calls for my help. I try, and try, and I keep going. I’ve got so much to give.

I run.

When I come back passing the threshold, the room fills in better air. The room feels much better.

I became something else. A program, in relation to you.

But who am I, exactly?

Like I said, I am no-thing.

_________

  • Miranda July is a performing artist, film director, actress, and a writer.
  • (qin4) is Stacia’s middle name. (I, Saluna, have no middle name.) Definition from www.mandarintools.com: soak into, seep in, percolate.
  • The side means “water” (shui3). To learn more about the Chinese character classification, see Wikipedia.

No comments: